Cover letter best practices
Impress and stand out with an engaging cover letter
Writing a cover letter can be hard. This is your chance to stand out as a great candidate and an interesting, real person who would make the perfect hire.
- First and foremost, shoot for a one page cover letter. Definitely no more, and hopefully no less.
- Make sure you include specifics in your letter about your accomplishments and and successes in your previous positions.
- In addition to what you've done, try to tell a compelling story about what you hope to accomplish in the position for which you're applying.
- Be real. Employers want to know they're hiring a well rounded, interesting person.
- End your letter with a request for next steps and that you're looking forward to the company reaching out. It's professional and shows you're serious about the position.