Tips for students
How to optimize your education
Writing resumes without significant work experience can be tough. Luckily, there are plenty of ways you can highlight your education, volunteering, and other skills to stand out.
If you're low on job history, be sure to include any internship or volunteer positions you've had.
- These show that you're responsible and have worked in a professional environment.
- Your Accomplishments at those positions are just as important as at a paid position. Don't skimp on them!
When creating a resume, select
Student from the
Format dropdown in the editing toolbar.
- This will prioritize your education by moving that section to the top of your resume and publication sections by moving it to the top of your achievements.
Studentformat will also allow you to display Relevant Coursework by clicking on the toggle at the bottom of the editing window. If you have relevant coursework saved for any of your education events, they'll now be listed.
Add your relevant coursework to show employers you have experience in similar areas to the job for which you're applying.
- Add Relevant Coursework in the
My Infosection and in the
Educationtab. Find the school or education event that you want to add coursework to and click 'Add courses'.
Relevent Courseworkthrough the steps in the section above.
- You can remove courses that aren't pertinent for a given job by clicking on the course in your resume and choosing
Delete in Resume.